Total Pageviews

Thursday 1 August 2013

The Day She Didn't Smile

In the 18 years of my existence, never had I seen such a miracle.... 
Such a miracle of a smile,
Like a flower blooming out of a thick cover of snow,
Like a ray of sunlight on a rainy day,
Or like a drop of water in the desert
That smile was a symbol of strength,
A result of years of pain displayed in the most deceptive way.
That smile was a sign of power over all elements of the world,
Power over anything and everything that had the potential to create a frown.
That smile signified victory over the most gruesome battles and the most wounding wars....
That smile was a true example of humility.
But the day she didn't smile.... 
It was like heavens gates closed for all humanity.
Like her giving up was enough to leave no hope left for the existence of mankind.
The day she didn't smile, I broke slowly, piece by piece.... 
I couldn't stand the sight of something so beaten up, so broken so shattered and so helpless.... 
And I wondered and I sighed at such a sight....
At a broken angel... A figure of beauty that was desecrated by life's cruelty.
I watched how torn apart a soul could be and yet be beauty personified.....
I realized then, what a smile is and how sometimes the emotion behind it we don't see.
The day she didn't smile... I frowned for a while and decided her strength to be. 

1 comment: