Total Pageviews

Sunday 29 November 2015

I know your fight

I don't like the way they speak of you.
I don't like the things they say.
They're trying to tell me otherwise
When I can already see the light of day.
They say I don't know you long enough,
They say I'm blinded by your good side.
They speak of another 'you' when they speak of you.
But I'm not willing to believe it's true.
They don't know you like I do!
I'm sure of it from my heart
I know no one keep you in parts.

And every time they speak of you in a manner ill,
My blood races and words grow still.
What do they need to know, why do they need to at all?
I grow wild when they bring your name to fall.
I know your light, I know your fight
I see your struggle day in and out.
Little girl, how I wish they didn't doubt
That your heart is pure and your intentions are kind.
And your heart longs for peace of mind.

Because the fight to survive is already a task.
We all have our flaws and our face masks.
There can be no perfection in one just like there can be no best.
So also, little girl there is no call to be perfect, let them speak, He wil take care of the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment