Total Pageviews

Wednesday 13 April 2016

Chasing sunsets

I'm constantly chasing sunsets
Hoping ever to catch up
To move with the time of day
But I'm always four steps away

I'm constantly chasing sunsets
Rushing with the tide
But right before I reach
I find a secret place to hide

I'm constantly fearing sunsets
The end of every day
So much to do so much to be
I wish there was a way

To catch the sight of the sunset
With no remorse or regrets
But all of the day's lag
to lose and to forget.

Let me find you in the sunset
When the sky turns every shade
And as my day draws to a close
I can hold your hand unafraid

But I'm still chasing sunsets
And still hiding from the light
And darkness holds me
Come the lonely night.

I'll always be chasing sunsets
Until you come along
With you I know I'll make it
With you I can be strong.

I hope I reach the sunset
Then, when you finally reach me.
Until then I'll keep running
Hoping the sunset will find me.

No comments:

Post a Comment