Total Pageviews

Monday 13 May 2013

Daddy

He smiled on the day I was born,
kissed me good morning at every dawn.
He stayed up nights when I was sick
He even thought me a ton of magic tricks
When I first fell on a race track he clapped,
Screaming out "get up and run another lap"
His voice may have been enough to know
But it was his smiling face that got me to go.
He dropped me off at football practices each day
He disciplined me and taught me to be regular, come what may.
He was there when I said my first speech,
while my nerves raced, he was ever in reach.
He cried at my performances on stage.
He was overwhelmed but never failed to encourage.
He was overjoyed when i brought home my first trophy
He was always there when i needed him the most
and i speak in the past tense because now hes no more.
On the wings of the angel of death he was taken away from me
My Dad, my Father, a very important part of the word "we"
We may not have been the closest to each other
but having him there made the day a brighter colour.
Its true he won't be there for many important parts of my life.
Like when I get my 1st job or even when I become someone's wife.
But hes watching with eyes of an eagle from above
And constantly guiding my path, showering blessings with love.
And though there's an emptiness that can never be filled.
My Dad, he taught me lessons and set a foundation for my life to build.

No comments:

Post a Comment