Total Pageviews

Monday 10 June 2013

Captured

Like a photo shot at the right moment, the memory of you has been Captured.
And by captured, I don't mean an image of a still scene.
I mean my hands wrapped around that moment , holding it tight.
Why such a tight grip on a memory ? Because I can't make the same mistake twice....
When I held on to you loosely.... you slipped away... not because you wanted to...
But because I didn't show you enough how much you were wanted by me.
So i'm not gonna loose these memories the way I let you go.

But holding onto these memories has really got me wondering.
Am I capturing or have I been captured?
Because holding onto something in the past when everything has changed....
Is alright if you don't hope for it to be the same again.
But if the hope of it all coming back exists, then you're pretty much captured.

And is being captured good for you?
Is being hung on to something that may never exist, healthy for you?
For me, being captured feels like belonging. And who wouldn't wanna belong?
To me, being captured by memories and hopes is like being embraced by an imagination.
Like being enveloped in your own pleasant world,
Content and secure in a bubble of YOU and all that YOU WANT.

And yes, when I open my eyes, this bubble bursts and i'm back to reality,
I'm back to freedom,  i'm back to where i'm supposed to be.
But there is and there may always be a part of me....
That prefers to belong... prefers to be be owned and prefers to be captured.

No comments:

Post a Comment