Total Pageviews

Wednesday 5 June 2013

I Cannot Be Taken Down

There is a past that has brought me here
There was a moment that had me shed a tear
I can go back to it everyday
But not a single person can take me down in any way.

My battles I fought with my own will
Like a wounded soldier, I didn't sit still.
With the sweat of determination and the blessings of the skies
I walked forward into the war and my strength did not grow to die.

I needed not a shield and sword,
My battle wasn't of that type
My words and thoughts brought me to the field.
I wasn't going to leave without displaying their might.

I remember the struggle like it was just yesterday
Because it was...this battle happens everyday.
But like those on the border taking care of us all
I cannot afford to let him in who will cause me a great fall.

And every once in a while comes a Trojan horse
The kind that will charm its way through the door
And when true colors surface and I realize my mistake
The battle is not just against the enemy anymore.

So I've faced a thousand and I'll face a thousand more
There's no way I could tire with a spirit that I've kept in store
Cause the past gave me lessons and the present gives me opportunities
I most certainly cannot be taken down for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment