Total Pageviews

Thursday 20 February 2014

Love's Fake Identity

Love came creeping, slowly, covered my eyes, held my hands
and danced with me, lifted me and threw me up into the air and I flew.
and here I am, blind, not knowing my landing, now that love has left.

When love spoke, I turned deaf to reality.
Love knew words that only dreamers could see and only believers could believe.
Love made me a believer but took my senses in the bargain.

Love walked in and filled the empty spaces, filled the gaps that had me incomplete.
Love walked out, taking bigger portions of me along, now the spaces are wider.
The wounds hurt more and the scars may never vanish.
And the spaces will think thrice before letting love in again.

Love spoke to me with charm, wit and words?
Love talked his way in and said everything I wanted to hear.
Little did I know that love has had practice and this isn't love's first time around.

Love gives you everything you wanted and makes everything seem perfect.
What was imperfect before love walked in?
Maybe love is perfect because that's what I wanted it to be.
and then it shows its colors of imperfection by turning around.

Love made me a fool but I'm still a fool for love.
Love has such power that it weakens me to the floor.
No one knows love until they've seen, one point in their lives, love walk out the door.

No comments:

Post a Comment