Total Pageviews

Wednesday 12 February 2014

The Bad Boy

Stay away from him they said, don't go close.
He will draw you in to his embrace and make you feel like your the most beautiful girl in the world.
And after he has won over your heart and has a hold over your emotions.
You will love him back unconditionally and you will run at his beck and call.
And then you will make mistakes in the name of Love.
You will blindly follow your heart ... being led by a liar.
They said all of this... they warned me!

But I'm no one to listen to people and their opinions of other people.
I had to see for myself, I had to know him to know if he could even be a friend.
And he initiated a conversation that till date hasn't ended.
And I couldn't stop myself from wondering then if he would prove to be what they all said he is.
As days went by and we spoke, I learnt about him and he did about me.
And the things people said began to become irrelevant to me.
I was coming to know a boy that no one ever spoke of.
or probably, I was coming to know him the way no one else could.

Be careful they said again, this could be his charm, his way of getting around.
But his charm seemed harmless. In his own way he knew how to draw you into a conversation.
He knew how to keep you wanting more of it and he knew he could make you fall in love.
What he didn't know, was that I was no ordinary girl. And it took him time to realize it.
But as he did, it was beautiful to see him respond.
This boy was certainly not what they told me he was.

I guess they never took the time to know him.
They judged and judged his decisions.... and forgot to understand his reasons.
His mistakes, he regretted them. Don't we all, he was ambitious, but who knew?
Who bothered to ask? He had more to him than a knack for girls, he had more to him than just Charm.
He had a heart. A heart that people failed to see. A heart that people overlooked after knowing his charm.

And it didn't take long for me to find a friend in this young man.
It didn't take long for me to understand him and know him like no other could.
And though it took me longer than any other girl hes been with,
I began falling for him...like they said I would.
His 'Bad Boy' image no longer kept me away from him.
I was willing to ignore his flaws for the sake of the good in him.
I was willing to overlook his shortcomings for the sake of the love he had to offer.
I was that drawn to him. Me, who swore I wouldn't be charmed by he, who they called a liar.
I was drawn not by the Bad boy, but the good that lay beneath his skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment