Total Pageviews

Tuesday 3 June 2014

Queen Of The Desert

The sand dunes don't look as lively as they did when you were here.
Even water doesn't seem to be so much of a necessity when you're away.
My heart thirsts to see you on your royal steed appearing on the horizon.
And I will rush to prepare myself for your coming.
They say the desert cannot be trusted.
Sometimes she takes our men and never sends them back.
Other times, she's the reason we realize how much we love them.
Queen of the desert, queen of the sands of time,
Send him back to me as soon as possible.
My heart longs to be at rest.
For under the sun, under your jurisdiction, who knows what may become of him.
But in the shelter of my arms, he will be safe and loved.
Like water found in the desert, such shall be my joy.
To see his face and feel his embrace.
But God forbid, you steal him from this life.
Hell hath no fury than a woman scorned.
Woman to woman, don't take away whats mine,
His love for you is temporary, he and I were united by the divine.
Though I fear the clutches of your hands and the lust you have for the desert men.
I am stronger to know, he will return, if not, he is still mine in heaven.


Imagery inspired by the novel 'The Alchemist' by Paulo Coelho


No comments:

Post a Comment