Total Pageviews

Monday 30 June 2014

Small Girl, Big World

Let me go to a far away land, let me see what the world has to show.
Let me marvel and grasp at the wonders of creation.
I want to sit at the edge of a cliff
and close my eyes and feel the breeze cool my feet.
At the top of a mountain, I want to feel as small as a rain drop.
I want to swim and dive down to the bottom of the ocean
and marvel at the creatures that breathe no differently than us.
I want to cross borders and feel like there is no color, but just that of humanity.
No boundaries, just the spread of culture and language.
I want to go and learn of the ways that my brothers around the world live and laugh.
And maybe we could laugh together at the fact that language divides us but expression doesn't.
I want to taste more than just cuisines, I want to taste the flavors of the land
and maybe that which makes these places so delicious to travel to.
Let me sail towards the horizon, until there is no horizon any more,
but just another piece of land inviting me to its shore.
I want to get lost, at least once, somewhere in a city
and I want to find my way home, wherever it may be at the time.
I want to hold the world in my hand but nonetheless feel like a grain of sand. 

No comments:

Post a Comment