Total Pageviews

Wednesday 23 July 2014

Saving Grace

Sitting all alone.
Torture and turmoil layered my skin,
Bones were breaking within
Weak and weary, I had no strength to cry for help
A force swept around  me, calling out to me, "let go."
"I'm trying", I screamed, tears rolling down my cheeks, "I can't", I howled even louder.
"Let go, I'll catch you, you will not hurt", He said.
"No, I just can't, this cannot be the end," I continued,
"It isn't," He said, "this is just the beginning"

And for the first time since this conversation began,
I lifted my eyes to something more beautiful than anything anyone has ever seen.
Saving Grace.
He picked me up, wrapped me in a tight embrace, almost like a hug and twirled me around in the air.
He threw me up and held His hands open only to catch me before I fall.
"You're mine", He said. And a smile grew across my face like never before.
He held my hand and in an instant, a rush of breeze fixed up every broken part of me.
He touched my shoulders and wings appeared.
He said my name and I was happy.
Never again will I ever be alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment