Total Pageviews

Monday 17 November 2014

The Innocent Murderer

They don't know what they are doing. They do not know how burdened I am with guilt.
They make a decision to end it all and then they choose the railway as a spot.
Those victims, who could have been saved by mere conversation,
Now are delivered to death by my hands, my controls, or better still, my not being in control.

In my country it isn't a rare sight to see them, the poor at heart give up their lives
Poverty, unemployment, depression, disease,
all of it are not balanced out by good friends and good counsel.
If it were, I wouldn't have to call myself the innocent murder.

Innocent because I have no intention to kill,
A Murder because I cannot stop the kill from taking place,
especially since the train cannot halt at such short notice.
I don't think i need to tell you what happens next.

Days go by and everyday I fear the weakness of a soul.
For it is the weak at heart that make me a murderer.
Think of me, before you think of laying yourself down.
Think of me before you hear the train's honking sound. 

No comments:

Post a Comment