Total Pageviews

Monday 3 November 2014

A Flower buried beneath a Stone

From a young man to the mother he didn't love enough:

I bring you flowers, flowers for your grave.
Today when your're not here, I'm down on my knees shedding many a tear.
These flowers I bring as a gift to you,
Now when you are but dust in the wind and a breeze that blows through
And I regret where I was when you were flesh and bones,
For then I didn't bring you flowers, I just threw stones.
The biggest stone thrown was sending you away,
To a home for the old, a strange place to stay.
Mama, mama dear, forgive me please, I'm crying, I miss you, I'm down on my knees.

Another stone that hurt you the most
Would have been when I treated you like a ghost,
For when you were near I paid no heed
And now I realize you're all that I need.
Mama, I'm looking at the stone, the one they laid you beneath,
And today I have flowers that I place at your feet.
But in my heart I hope you see,
Mama, I feel tremendously guilty.

I pray that no other man
Ignores the presence of a mother,
For we live this life but once,
And like a mothers love, there is no other.

No comments:

Post a Comment