Total Pageviews

Sunday 18 January 2015

The Chair

I sit across the table,
rehearsing every line I've come here to say.
Moments from now, my heart will spill
and I will tell you things you've wished to hear.
My heart's in my throat and a shiver runs down my spine.
My nerves are restless, does this place have some wine?

Focus.

Practice.
"Hi, I love you." No.
"Hi, I know I've taken too long to say this, but, I really like you" No.
"I love you"
Uggh!
Calm down.

I stare blankly at the chair, you're a little late, I'm grateful.
Closing my eyes, hoping the waiters don't think me crazy.
I think about you and about me. And that I've finally come to this day,
To the day I'm ready to declare my love for you.
Butterflies.
Where are you?

"Can I have some wine please"

You've waited so long for me, whats 30 minutes for me to wait for you, right?
Thanks for always being there.
...
...
...
...
...
...
No thanks for leaving that chair empty today.
"Waiter, keep the change"

No comments:

Post a Comment