Total Pageviews

Tuesday 6 January 2015

Traces of You.

Gone are all traces of you
Little by little, ridding myself of them.
For long after you left, I still had you.
But I've come a long way now and time has been my friend
I've emptied the drawers, just like I emptied my heart.
I burnt the photos, like I burned some memories.
I sold what could be sold, the way you put a price on us.
And yes, it made up for the price I paid in loving you.
There is nothing left to remind me of you,
even the words of my diary have been torn through and through.
Gone are the flashbacks that once haunted my nights,
gone are the daydreams that came without my plight.
All wounds have healed.
All scars have come clean.
A heart once broken is fit and fine.
A life once yours is now all mine.
If there ever was a time I felt more loved,
Its now.
For I love myself now, more than I did before,
I love myself more than the love you could ever show.
And maybe that was it all along.
Maybe love is what keeps me strong.
My love though, more than yours.

Love for me and all my flaws.

No comments:

Post a Comment