Total Pageviews

Thursday 21 July 2016

A story I cannot tell

There is a story,
That of love.
But it is one
I cannot speak of.
It is a story where words fall short
It is one in which love is and is lost.
Although I cannot and will not tell,
It stays with me, forever, oh well!
It's a story that I will repeat again and again
To myself when I'm alone in need of a friend.
It's a story that will make me smile inside
For outside they won't listen,
No one will dare.
They won't listen, no one will care.
For love turns us into fools.
And fools don't listen,
Not even to stories of love.
Fools don't listen, especially when they are in love.
So I'll keep this story, close to my heart.
A fool for you, right from the start.
And I hope I can pen it down some day, 
in a year or two, or maybe thirty two.
Until then, let's just let it stay.
Sealed, never to leave,
My tongue won't give it away.

No comments:

Post a Comment