Total Pageviews

Monday 1 August 2016

I see you, brave heart

I see you, brave heart, I watch you make your way,
Everyday, with a heaviness about you,
With the weight of tears not shed;
And a heavy head, from the sleepless nights;
because of a fight, that went on for days
and in many ways, it consumed you,
I see you, brave heart, I'm walking right beside you
So if you may fall, I'll be here to catch you,
Like the one who should have been here all along.
But no, you're strong. Enough with the waiting;
What about all the hating that goes on within your soul.
After all the loving, dear heart, you've turned cold.
I see you brave heart, I hear your loud cries
But under these cloudy skies, who dares to look
Into foggy eyes, and ask if they might
about a fright or a fear, they all turn a deaf ear.
a blind eye, a helpless hand,
But I see you, brave heart,
and you're struggling to stand.
Take my hand, trust me,
For I am not your enemy.
The whole world will fool you
And Darling they will confuse you,
They will spin you around, throw you to the ground,
Brave heart, they will tear you apart.
But I see you, picking yourself up
Off the ground, dusting it all off, slowly
Surely, moving on, moving ahead
Brave heart, though you'd want to stay instead
You took the bigger step.
And brave heart,
I saw you.

No comments:

Post a Comment