Total Pageviews

Wednesday 6 March 2013

I Washed My Hands and Gave it a Thought

At the end of the day when i got home after the sun had already set,
I dropped my burden of a bag and laid it to rest only to know that it will be upon me yet another day...
I long for some nourishment something to satisfy the hunger and the thirst that sometimes is neglected.
So i waste no time in search of food, in search of something that will help me regain my strength.
Something that not only will release all the pain and tension my shoulders carried but also something that will provide my shoulders strength for the days to come.
So i drag myself to the wash basin..... wet my hands....wet my face..... and oh what relief!!!
The turmoil of a long hard day washed away in a matter of seconds....
And i stand and stare at the water running through my fingers....cleansing it...refreshing it.
On turning the water off...i stared at my hands....what were they being cleansed off?
Those hands worked during the day to do good and bad.
It washed away the stains of sin and the marks left behind by the good.
Wash away the dirt of anger, jealousy and hatred towards people i encounter during the day.
It makes way for the hands to do good, wipe away tears and offer love and comfort.
The creases and folds told stories of hard-work but the softness of the palms told of tasks not accomplished yet.
There is lots still to be done and we wash our hands everyday... washing away the past and preparing for the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment