Total Pageviews

Friday 29 March 2013

An Unexpected Exception

You may say he was the only exception....
But i would say hes the kind of exception that i never expected
Never in my imagination did i think i would find him...
Hes just what i thought could never exist
Its like the universe was teasing me when he came around...
My heart pounded in his presence
The sight of him could have my knees grow weak
He had my fingers freeze until i couldn't feel them anymore
By just being around me, he had my un-didvided attention, no matter where i was...
No one else could make me fell the way he did
No other made me want to impress...
I would never have given myself a chance to fall for someone,
To fall so hard in love.... and it wouldn't be the same if it were someone else...
All in all, i couldn't help but wonder.. Why Now??? Why ever???
Maybe he is everything I've been waiting for, but now am I done waiting???

It didn't take long for him to find an exception of a girl for himself
And although you and i would want that girl to be me, sadly, it wasn't.
And never once in all my thoughts did i question: is the universe done teasing me???
What if he wasn't here to find me? what if we weren't meant to be?
My mind, occupied with its thoughts and fears failed to see how he was being taken away from me.
Not that i ever had a claim over him....
Not that i was assured that he existed because  i thought we were destined to be together.

The heart is weak,
It finds something that keeps it happy and then grows so attached to it.
The heart embraces this special something/someone in a tight grip, never wanting to let go...
But the heart, foolish as it sometimes is, surely is capable of embracing illusions.
It sees what it desires to see, what it longs for the most...
And when reality decides to make its appearance...the embrace is left empty and purposeless...
Almost like a disappearing act, what it held on to so tightly turned out to be just an illusion...
And the illusion was nothing but hopes dreams and desires.

2 comments:

  1. wow...superb writing yaa!! the guy shudve read this really!!!...last paragraph..very true...been thru a similar situation...so yea...i know what it is to meet An Unexpected Exception...superb work marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. If a blog post that i have written gives one something to relate to.... then it has served its purpose :)
    thanks for checking my posts out Clyde, really appreciate it :)

    ReplyDelete