Total Pageviews

Wednesday 16 April 2014

Little Girl

Little girl, so meek and humble,
Saying only what you must and nothing intentionally ill.
Smiling and laughing and making peoples day.
Making sure, a truth is kept at bay.

Little girl, I see you offering every penny
to a man on the side of the road.
Must you give all you have, when you have so little
to help you, in the winter, warmly clothe.

Little girl, I see you hide,
behind the shadows of a past.
Lessons you bring forward, and take with you further,
Promising, 'never again', till you breathe your last.

What is it, little girl,  that makes you who you are?
how different were you, before you became this humble star?
Perhaps you were nothing like you are now.
But then who were you? have you come from afar?

Little girl, you amaze me, for not really are you little for sure.
Grown up, a woman now, taking on the world.
Why then do I still address you as little girl, you may ask.
Because no one I know could ever be as humble as you go.

Little girl, don't ever grow up.
I mean an ego, don't ever let it show.
Little girl stay little and always ready to give.
Little girl, stay little, teach me how to live.

I shall not ask anymore of your past.
I don't care much for details.
Little girl, I know you now and I must be like you
Little girl, may God bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment