Total Pageviews

Tuesday 9 December 2014

Writing off Rape

Who gave you the right to take off her clothes?
Who told you you could touch her or even get close?
Don't say she asked for it, don't say it and then smile.
If that the case, then you have asked to be hung, forget a fair trial.

If her clothes or lack of them beckon you near,
Then your mentality is something every woman must fear.
Who told you she's willing, who gave you the right?
No one did! You did what you wanted to on that horrible night.

A rod, a rope, a wring and not a ring.
Where have you come from? what about your upbringing?
Brutal, inhuman, beastly and wild
Were you insanely blind? She was but a child!

I am a woman, a scared one for sure.
I'm not safe anymore, no matter what you politicians assure.
What one man does to me, the others just watch.
Disgusting, they don't help, police won't even sway a torch.

For what happens to me, you don't really care,
You'd rather make me change the clothes I wear.
Excuse me, hello, men at the chair,
One day, it will be your mother, daughter or wife, then will you care?

2 comments:

  1. Hey Marilyn well written. Hope this message goes across and ends this brutal and heartless act.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Simona :) I just really want this post to stir something in everyone. That itself can change so many minds. It may not reach the rapists, but it definitely will reach the people who ignore women crying out for help.

      Delete