Total Pageviews

Wednesday 31 December 2014

You've made me proud

This year was rough but you've come so far.
Girl, you've made me proud,
Happy to see you here and not where you were.
Into the light and out of fear.

Everyone begins the race,
But not all of us make it through.
You have outdone yourself for sure,
I saw them trying to break you.

They almost succeeded
But girl, how happy I am that you stayed put!
You loved so much and love broke you in turn
But you fixed yourself up so strong, never again to burn.

For you deserve wholeness and not an incomplete air.
You deserve to be one within and not dependent on one with no care.

Girl, I'm proud of you because this time you stood your ground.
You guarded your dignity and demanded respect.
Like a wall that no boulder can bring down.

This year I've seen you become more than I ever thought you could,
This year you've surprised me much more than I ever thought you would.

Brave girl, count your blessings and forget not to be thankful.
For there are those who came for you, there are those who got out.
All in all, they are part of you without a doubt.

Fill your heart with joy before your year goes by.
Celebrate the person you've become,
Rejoice in the obstacles you've overcome.

Take flight, dear little girl
Take flight, dear little heart,
A year has come to an end
But another is here to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment