Total Pageviews

Friday 26 August 2016

Déjà vu

I was too careful
To open my heart out to anyone
Once bitten, always scarred.
But then I met you and not only did you ask about the wounds
You bandaged them too and you kissed them and said they'd be better now.
And I could see it happening all over again, me falling
Falling into something
Someplace that I've been before
In love.
And how scared I was
The deeper I feel, the more I knew this could hurt just like the last time
And I questioned it again and again and again.
And they all warned me, they even tried to stop me.
But by now, I was unstoppable.
I was in love.
And your hand was in mine
We were falling together.
Or I was pulling you along with me.
We broke walls, we crossed boundaries
We sailed oceans and we dove into seas
Oh boy how we travelled.
We had our moments of love;
where time stood still;
Or moved too fast.
Oh I wish time could wait for us!
Then I wouldn't be here talking about a past.
I wish you were here
In my present, marking my future;
I wish you remained a part of me
I wish you stayed
I thought you would
But yet again, I find myself begging for love;
Begging for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment