Total Pageviews

Tuesday 30 August 2016

Happy Endings

A fairy tale, that's what we never were
A happy ending, that's where we never reached
A prince charming, still searching for his damsel in distress
His damsel, losing hope day by day
Fairy tales are rare, sometimes they just don't get there
Glass slippers, ballrooms, knights in shining armor
How different are they
from sneakers, karaoke nights and pajamas?
My fairy tale was nothing short of a lie.
For everything I hoped it to be
Came crashing down in front of me
And I think about the tales my mama spoke off
I always wanted the happy ending.
But she quietened me, "wait for it, it's inevitable"
Wait for it then!

Before every happy ending is a battle
They fought for the happy ending;
The story didn't end until there was a happy ending
Maybe this story isn't over then.
It's time to slay the dragons and kill the beasts,
Dodge the wolves and make it to the feast.
Happy Ending, I'm waiting for you;
Happy Ending, wait for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment