Total Pageviews

Monday 1 April 2013

When it's time to let go...

How young and  innocent you still are!
you haven't seen what the world has to offer you and yet you have more to offer it.
Your tiny sparkling eyes gleam with your dreams and your hopes.
and as i hold your hand while we walk down life's road, i can only anticipate your future.

You have so much ahead of you, education, religion, society, finding your place in this world.
You have miracles to work and dreams to fulfill, you have promises to make and records to break.
You, my little one, have so many roads to walk, so many hurdles to jump and so many more lives to touch.
And I am absolutely sure this world is lucky to have you in it.

But as i look forward to you growing up, i fear the day you meet the cruel part of this planet
The corruption, the crime, the harsh reality of Global warming and mostly how unfair life can be.
These fears may prevent me from letting go of your hand when the time comes for it.
but being elder to you, i understand better what it is like out there.

Out there: beyond your little friend-circle, beyond your house and much beyond your comfort zone.
My dear little one, you have so much to see of this world and its waiting for you to grasp its marvels.
Be a darling and don't ever be separated from your roots, take every lesson learnt with you.
Dont sacrifice your dignity for the sake of pleasing others, don't even think of fooling around with fire.

While i know I am afraid of letting you go, I also know i can't hold on to you forever.
This shield of protection that I have around you will have to wither away as you will grow out of it.
And you will be out there, ready to face the world, ready to slay dragons and rule nations.
You, in all your meekness, will get hurt..but with all strength shall overcome it.

And yes, when i think about it now, I don't want to let go of you at all.....
But when the time is right, i know you will be the one holding my hand and assuring me:
"I have been taught well and nothing in this world can wound me, as long as i have your love"
And that day, undoubtedly, will be the happiest day of my life.








No comments:

Post a Comment