Total Pageviews

Tuesday 8 October 2013

Ignored a cry.... didn't get a goodbye.

Dedication:
To an angel up there, looking down from heavens window... :)

A dear friend of mine fell ill too young.
After which she didn't have the energy to do what friends do all the time.
Hang out, meet up, go places, travel together, share a meal somewhere.
But I wasn't sick, I was all too well.... I'm definite my body was healthier than hers.
As far as my mind and my heart.... i can't say it was all too well.

Till date I cant tell if I didn't go to see her because my life got too busy...
or cause I was leaving her behind, tired of waiting on her.
I'd be lying if I said I didn't have a minute to spare while passing by her house.
It's not that I didn't want to meet her. She was a dear friend after all.
But my heart wasn't strong enough to see her that way,
To see how a body full of life can one day become something so feeble, so delicate.
I feared the darkness that had now become part of her life.
My heart wasn't strong enough. It couldn't think of HER. It could only think of her suffering.

Insensitive towards her and over sensitive to the illness she had drawn, I stayed away.
Its something that I regret everyday.
The excuses I came up with, the lies I told,
Just so that I wont have to pass her place time and time again,
Just so that I wouldn't have to drop by and say hello.
I did meet her once in a while... but a while to rare to even call me a good friend.
It was disheartening to see her that way. But I disheartened her by not showing her my face.

And a day came when she called me up, I knew it was the same reason again.
She wanted to meet me, she wanted to see me, she wanted to say hello.
But tired of the lies and running out of excuses to give, I ignored the call.
And the next day, came a call from a friend, 'she's no more' she said.
And then I did what I should have been doing before this happened.
I visited her house, I went to see her, I longed to talk to her, to laugh with her.
But by the time i reached she had already said her goodbyes and i wasn't there.

A lesson for life, put your fears behind you, especially when they come in the way of loving someone.
There's no better gift than love. Love can save lives. If not save, at least sustain them.
Don't fear suffering, embrace it and know that it is part of life. Face it and Smile.
Touch a life, don't leave it to die. Answer your calls, don't wait until it's goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment