Total Pageviews

Sunday 3 August 2014

In my Backyard, on a Tree.

Forget me! we must travel different roads
I may be away but I'm an invisible hand to hold.

It's alright if you forget me somewhere down the line,
I might forget you too, it's all a matter of time.

But somewhere through our busy lives,
We will make the time to rewind and revise

The moments that have gone by, the moments that made us who we are, 
Will refresh our beings when we're down and out and wishing upon a star.

And the memory of you and me, swinging in my backyard on a tree,
Will remind me of the time we spent with not a worry, all too carefree.

And today as I sit in a pensive mood, 
I know there was a time when we both understood.

That we won't ever meet again, though promises said and made.
The goodbye we said was a 'farewell forever' knowingly, unhappily, bade.

But where we are today is where we are happy,
And what more could I wish for you to be.
For when times are low and I need a moment of 'you and me'.
I'll go back to us, happily swinging in my backyard on a tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment