Total Pageviews

Wednesday 4 February 2015

Heavy Hearted

Step by step I try to make my way forward on this road
But it's all too slow, can't take it a pace faster
My way is clear but my legs are numb
I'd rather stay than even try to move
But the crowds won't stop
They move back and forth,
With no care for this stone man.
They pass me by with not a twitch of the eye,
I'm just another misfit.
I feel heavier, my feet buried below the surface.
Holding me back, keeping me behind,
The world moves on,
Faster, more easily and mostly with no regrets.
But I can't move.
I can't take this step,
At least not without regrets.
This will take me time, moving on,
And no, I don't care that you've all moved already.
I'm numb,
I'll move when I can feel again,
When I can feel love again,
When I can love again.

No comments:

Post a Comment