Total Pageviews

Sunday 20 September 2015

Monotony

There's something about monotony.
About the way we get used to something,
The way we condition ourselves to respond,
The way we schedule our lives,
There's something also about monotony that puts us off.
We all want to break it,
We want to defy it, we want to deny it,
We want to find something, maybe someone,
To disconnect us from this treacherous way of life.
You walked into my life and monotony walked out.
Everyday was a new one.
Every hour, every word, every action surprised me.
You surprised me. I surprised myself.
You got me to throw caution to the wind,
You made every moment new,
You drew me into the unknown and drew me to learn,
You got me to dance to music I've never heard before,
You got me threading on lands I've never known of before.
You threw me off a cliff and didn't tell me of how long I would fall.
And I fell faster, faster, deeper...
Only in love.
And then you left, to break the monotony of me.
And I was taken back, back to my monotonous black hole.
And now I'm falling deeper again, this time out of love...
Slowly, deeper, till no love can be felt at all.
Come back, let me love again,
Come, be my monotony.

No comments:

Post a Comment