Total Pageviews

Monday 20 April 2015

In an unguarded moment

Find me in an unguarded moment,
Find me when I'm me.
Talk to me when I'm sober and silent,
And you'll love me for being me.
When nothing is hidden and all walls have come down,
Listen to the words I speak
And the secrets that leave my mouth.
For when those walls rise up again
Very few know why and how,
Many more though, wish that they were that lucky
To have known me inside out.

Find me in an unguarded moment,
Where the truth is seen and not so much spoken.
Find me when my body sleeps but my soul is strongly awoken.
And in that moment gather all that you can,
Gather my thoughts and gather my tears
And if you're kind enough, take my hand.

Sit by me in my unguarded state
And secure this circle of two.
For these walls fall for the rare, the very unfortunate few.
Unfortunate now, for they bear the burden of knowing more,
More than the face, from under the surface,
The more that took so long to let go.

No comments:

Post a Comment