Total Pageviews

Sunday 12 April 2015

You're almost there

Lost somewhere between thoughts and actions,
Wandering slowly not knowing where to go,
With eyes towards the sky and feet glued to the ground,
How I wish wings would lift me higher,
Higher above this soil,
Higher above this atmosphere,
Where the air is cooler and the world rounder,
Where horizons curve and the world seems unending.
How I wish I could sit among the clouds and bless the ones I love!
How I wish I could look down and tell right from wrong,
And call out to those who walk the same way as I did,
And tell them what they should and what they shouldn't
Do as I did.
But we receive not this privilege to warn
The unlearned and the inexperienced.
For each must learn the hard way and all must walk the long way,
And someday sit among the clouds to watch the naive children of the earth,
Slowly wandering their way to the end.
Struggling not to fall and looking towards the skies for help.
But blind to the onlookers from above who wish nothing but to bless.
Someday, children, you will find your way home.
Safely, surely, soundly, keep walking, you're almost there.

No comments:

Post a Comment