Total Pageviews

Wednesday 15 April 2015

Just a shore away

I'm a mess but I have no intention to always be one.
I'm gonna take my time with this but I know what lies beyond.
I may sound like a sinking ship,
But I'm afloat and I'm sailing onward.
There's a land waiting for me, not too far away,
And the sun shines brighter there, brighter than any land's day.
And I'm rowing quickly, directing my sail,
The winds of change are trying my patience,
But I'm an able heart in progress.
It took me so long to get on this boat,
To move at all in fact.
But now that this boat has sailed, I'm not turning back.
My hearts in the water now swimming to the shore,
Faster than me, before me it must go.
For it will find a place for me to rest,
A place that offers me nothing but the best.
And I trust my heart to lead me on,
It always has and never left me forlorn.
This sailor's going home,
home where sunrises are more than a day's dawn.
This sailor has over come more than just a passing storm.

No comments:

Post a Comment