Total Pageviews

Saturday 24 May 2014

I've Forgotten What The Rain Felt Like

Somewhere through the seasons, I've forgotten what the rain felt like.
And now I sit by the window
waiting for the clouds to burst.
The summer was important, I had to feel it.
I deserved to feel it, didn't I?
The sun is as much mine as it is yours.
I’m not really sure if I should have forgotten what the rain felt like though
Maybe when I chose not to remember it, my reasons were good enough.
But now, here I am wishing it will just pour down and be okay.

The rain was always welcomed by me. It will be this year too.
But it will be welcomed with more festivity within me.
For the heat wasn't felt only by the ground.
I've never anticipated the rain so much before.
Maybe the summers been here too long and I've tired myself out.
Maybe, I hated the summer
and just made myself believe that I needed it and that it was mine to have.

I guess I forgot that I loved the rain more deeply than any other.

The summer has dried everything up, from the fields and trees of laboring farmers
to the memories and desires of dehydrated hearts.
I wait in eagerness to dance like a peacock in the rain.
Cause I have forgotten what it felt like.
And when the first drops fall I will rejoice and be rejuvenated.

And I will be reminded of what I felt like when the rain fell.

Credit: Linda Baptista
(Check out her blog: LinLit)

No comments:

Post a Comment