Total Pageviews

Saturday 16 May 2015

Waiting for me in the calm

I have walked ahead of myself, left something behind
I need to slow down and take hold of myself
My mind runs faster than my words ever will
Too fast to know for sure what crosses it at all
I'm lost somewhere between too many thoughts
Too many to comprehend, too many to understand
I'm roaming in circles inside my head,
can't find the center, cant stop it from revolving
And because of this turmoil there is something that has left me
It has escaped me, found a way out
And its safe out there, untarnished
My ability to express.
It's out there waiting for the storm to calm
And on its return it will tell the world what it saw
It will tell of the pain and torture it saw in a soul
It will tell of this story like no other before
Out there, watching me spin, 
I hope that it will stop as easily as it did begin
And as it watches me patiently I long for it to come back home
And help me slow this all down
But from where it stands it urges me to face it all

For before the sun shines, every raindrop must take a fall.


No comments:

Post a Comment