Total Pageviews

Sunday 8 March 2015

I don't know Me without You

The park will remember us not by our names
But that we waited only 15 minutes after the sunset every weekend.
The cafe around the corner will not remember my order
But will remember that we sat there long after the coffee had its effect on us.
The promenade won't recall our faces
But it will know how many steps we took there hand in hand.
The tea stall won't remember the small sum I still owe him
But he will miss us smiling back at him for the warm beverage in the rains.

They all know us, 
Though they know not just me
They know me as I am with you
For them, another cannot be.
They don't recognize me, they don't treat me the same,
It hurts to be forgotten, when you were remembered by no name.
Unrecognizable, they say I have become.
How do I tell them I can't face them, I'd rather run.
How do I tell them I can't recognize myself anymore
I knew me when I was with you, with you, these places knew me even more.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome Thoughts .....Someone who has love and Lost can Understand .......

    ReplyDelete