Total Pageviews

Friday 13 March 2015

The Big Leap

I have always been one to go out of my way to help people, I don't mean to boast but that's just how I am. Be it the people I love or the people I care about, sometimes they could be just acquaintances or not so close buddies, I always believed that if you can, why shouldn't you? I was known as miss goody two shoes, everyone knew they could count on me and mostly rely on me, be it for class notes, class updates, lecture rescheduling etc.

Until one day, someone went too far, and decided to challenge my 'so far, undying commitment to help'. And this did not go down with me too well. I always helped people because I felt like it and not because of appreciation or any self credit, in fact many a times I have gone un-noticed and it did not bother me at all. This kind of attitude earned me a lot of respect in front of my teachers, friends and classmates. But the day a bunch of them choose to disrespect me, my whole mindset of helping changed.

I realized that I can't keep going out of my way to help people especially if they don't help themselves first. These kind of people tend to take advantage of your good nature and soon grow so dependent that they forget the good in your deeds and see it as you are obliged to do it for them.

I also learned that you cannot keep everyone happy, that is not your responsibility towards them. Of course you can try but when you can't, you just can't and you have to leave it at that. Help, but learn to see people through. Know that self help is sometimes the best help.

Some may say that this change in me is not good and that I should continue to be helpful and helpful I shall always be, just a little more cautious now, though.

Don't let the thought of what other people think of you stop you from being who you are and mostly don't settle for people who do not know how to respect others as human beings. We are all the same, no one greater than the other, then why must one be treated as a servant and the other a master? You don't have to be the underdog all the time, take a stand, be a man, #StartANewLife !

Change is never bad, sometimes we're afraid of it and sometimes we're confused, but you will never know until you decide to #StartANewLife. Take a leap, if your life's not heading somewhere, change things. Go ahead and be the bigger person, don't be afraid to move on from the person you have always been.

Changing your lifestyle or your home is a big deal too. Look Up, Housing is your answer

Here's a link to a site that can help you #StartANewLife: https://housing.com/in 

And have a look at this video :

No comments:

Post a Comment