Total Pageviews

Monday 16 March 2015

Impress me like the Night

Speak to me,
Stump me with your words,
Silence me if you can,
Whisper if you must,
But please, say the right things.

Take me some place else,
Let's travel with words.
Talk to me like you're talking to the moon.
Let me listen to the stillness of the night.
And let it be in your voice.

Sing to me if you can
But in the language of the stars.
And when words escape your lips,
Let them kiss my skin and take me high.
When your words touch my ears let them cause a shiver.
And if your words can't do these things then let them not try.
I'd rather you not than ruin my experience of the night.
But if you must and if truly you can do it right,
Speak to my heart, speak to my body, speak to my mind.
But darling, speak!
I don't care that love is blind,
Love must never leave words behind.


No comments:

Post a Comment